With schools closing, conferences and concerts postponing, and March Madness cancelling, our community is in unchartered territory regarding how best to react to the challenge of COVID-19.
Our first priority is the safety of our staff and of our customers.
To that end we are taking every precautionary step that has been recommended by health professionals (which we have listed below).
Given these precautions, our stores are still open; as we have been through 115 years of the ups and downs life has thrown at all of us. We are here to offer a bit of comfort and humanity and a smile.
We will continue to monitor this situation very closely, and we will stay in close communication with you.
Protective Measures We are Taking
• Heightened cleaning and sanitation of frequently touched areas in our stores such as countertops, racks, restrooms, dressing rooms, doorknobs and handles.
• Frequent hand washing by all staff.
• Encouraging any staff to stay home if they or a member of their family household are symptomatic.
• Direction for all staff to respect all customer requests regarding space and to refrain from shaking hands.
Enhancing Customer Shopping Options
• We are increasing our offerings of new Spring 2020 clothes, shoes, gifts, or books on our website.
E-Newsletter Here! (www.reedsms.com)
• We are offering curbside delivery for purchases made by phone, website, Facebook, or Instagram.
• We are offering free in-town delivery. Easy sign up for our “From Reed’s To Me” shopping experience.
Our history tells that we will make it through this challenge if we respect and care for each other.
God bless you.
Jack Reed, Jr.